Israel’s National Insurance Institute released a shocking update on the current levels of poverty in Israel.
The report detailed that from 2017 to 2018, there was an increase in poverty among children by 0.4% and an increase in poverty among the elderly by 1.6%.
Due to this sad reality, Meir Panim is working harder than ever to battle poverty and hunger in Israel.
SICK & elderly
disabled & homebound
Since 2000, Meir Panim’s network of free restaurants has been welcoming people of all denominations and affiliations, without discrimination based on religion, gender, race or creed. Meals are served in a warm, restaurant-style atmosphere, ensuring that people’s dignity and autonomy remain intact.
The needs of impoverished Israelis are great. And therefore, Meir Panim offers a wide range of services and programs to meet the individual needs of those in need:
- Grocery Gift Card Distribution- 5,380 shopping gift cards are distributed to needy families
- Network of Restaurant-Style Soup Kitchens- more than 500,000 warm and nutritious meals are served annually
- Meals For Children
- Meals-on-Wheels for the elderly, homebound, and disabled
- Special Food Package distribution prior to holidays- putting food on tables and smiles on faces
- After School Youth Programs- more than 200 youth in programs located across Israel
As we begin a new year and a new decade, Meir Panim is committed to continuing to work hand-in-hand with Israel Municipalities to fight poverty and assist the needy with dignity and compassion.
HEAR FROM PEOPLE YOU’VE HELPED IN THE PAST